One of the many favorite typical plates of my native country the Dominican Republic is "ensalada verde" or the famous green salad as many of you know it. This plate is the number one priority in my house's table because it feels weird eating lunch without a delicious salad to go with it. This salad can be customized. Also, there are many other ingredients that can be added to make it the way you like. The vinaigrette dressing is the most important ingredient of all. Please note that the quantity of ingredients used for the salad, would depend on the number of servings you want. The amount of ingredients I used for this recipe serves six people.
- Chop the onion and add two cups of white vinegar.
- Then add 1/4 cup of virgin olive oil.
- Add salt.
- Mix it up and put it aside for about 1½ hrs.
- After you have washed the lettuce, chop it in pieces as you like.
- Now, add the tomatoes, avocado, sweet corn, and chop beet.
- Final step is to pour the vinaigrette dressing making sure it covers the whole salad.